Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Unit 9 Final Project

 


                                                                                Introduction

                In order to provide my clients the best healing experience, I must develop myself psychologically, spiritually and physically.  It is important for me to have traveled this journey in order to anticipate their apprehension and questions during this process.

Assessment

                During the assessment of my wellness spiritually, I would score myself as a 5. Although I have wiliness and need to embrace others I continue to work on the acceptance of myself by letting go of pain of past mistakes.   I continue to have a deep and abiding faith in a higher power and have love for everyone I come in contact with. Psychological wellness I would assess as a 5. I am continuing the process of training my mind using the subtle mind and witnessing practices.  I would assess my physical wellness as a 3. I am at this point in my journey physical activity has not been a priority.
                                                             Goal Development

                 Since I have been sedentary for the better part of this year, my goal for physical development is to incorporate some form of exercise into my daily routine. The goal for physiological health is to practice meditation without outside distractions as this is still an area of difficulty.  The goal for spiritual health is to incorporate prayer, specifically prayer regarding the welfare of others that have caused me pain and stress in my life as a part of my practice each day.
                                                                 Practices for Personal Health

                Strategies that I will implement for my physical growth is to walk for 1 hour a day beginning with 10 minute increments, eventually progressing to one hour total.  My yoga practice will also increase from once a week to twice a week.  The strategy for my physiological health is to work on continuing to train my mind using the silence and stillness practice techniques. During my loving kindness and calm abiding practices I can feel myself drifting into consciousness and wondering during my practice. I will carve out specific times each day morning and evening and stick to this period no matter what else may be going on at the moment. My strategies for my spiritual practice is to re- establish interpersonal relationships that may have ended due to pan caused by myself or others due to anger or resentment. I will begin praying concerning the matter and writing my thoughts out in a card or letter to the parties involved.
Commitment
                Losing 25- 30 pounds in a 6 month period would be an indication of progress of my physical goal. Working with an accountability partner; someone who has a similar goal. Also, changing my relationship with exercise, finding activities that are interesting and fun will assist me in maintaining the weight loss.  Physiological process can be measured by recording my feelings by journaling after each session. During these sessions I commit to be honest with myself, if in doubt I will seek out a practitioner as a coach to assist me.  I will be able to access the progress in my spiritual growth by my establishing lines of communication with those family and friends that become stagnant.  Progress may ultimately depend in the wiliness of those involved to be open and receptive to this process, but as long as I can be sure that I have done everything to facilitate the goal, I can considered it accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. These goals and desires are healthy and will most definitely bring about a huge transformation. You mentioned writing your thoughts, which I have found this to be an excellent way to process emotions. This allows you time to be able to put every concern down without missing ones of importance that sometimes happens when you're having a conversation with someone, and the emotions begin to take over. Working with an accountability partner is a great way to keep on track with your goals especially on those days you feel don't feel like doing it, or you are feeling discouraged. It would be interesting to hear periodic updates of your progress. I wish you much success in your journey.

    ReplyDelete