Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Unit 3 and my wellness triad

Namaste and blessings to Professor D and fellow classmates!
                                                                               


This unit exercise allowed me to pause and experience deep reflection at this point of my journey:

A. My Physical wellbeing: At this point it is a 5; I lost 100 pounds during my journey to better health but gained 30 over the past 2 years because I let my life spiral out of balance but this class is encouraging to me.

B. Spiritual- Definitely a 10! I feel whole, I have made a several new connections due to joining a new church and also re engaging in prayer and meditation.

C. Psychological-  I have a attitude of gratitude! Although aspects of my life are not were I hoped them to be, I am so grateful and thank God for love, life and happiness!

I have several continuous goals for my well being; physical- more, regular  exercise. Spiritual- create better connections with friends and family. Psychological- continue to maintain a peaceful attitude and not let everyday stresses affect my overall performance.

 Although it was long, I enjoyed the exercise. I will definitely listen to it several times. In the beginning I was not able to relax or visualize but as time went on my body and mind did respond. I will probably perform the exercise again lying down.

1 comment:

  1. This class has also been very inspiring to start gaining my own personal goals on behalf of my physical health and spiritual well-being also. I found the exercise was really interesting. I found it hard to keep focus during it too. But, I think that was because I was distracted by the way I was sitting. I would like to try it lying down as well. Good luck with your efforts! :)

    ReplyDelete